The splicer® is a unique handheld tool for slicing apples into bite-size pieces for people of all ages. Better and safer than a knife, the “Spiral Slicer” is a fun way of getting children to enjoy eating healthy snacks.
Key product features:
- Unique and fun kid friendly cutting tool
- Aesthetic product showing branding opportunity within customer homes
- Tuned cutting features require minimal slicing force
- Quality injection moulded part with complex geometry
A FUN and EASY way to core and splice your apples
The Splicer is designed to let you prepare, your favourite love apple in a unique way that everyone of all ages can enjoy. Easy to eat splices and no core.
Heartland Fruit NZ Limited
The project team works side-by-side with the client to ensure product functionality, marketability and usability are resolved through proof of concept prototypes. These are tested and refined to ensure all aspects of the solution are understood, key risks are identified and project goals are achieved.
inFact was involved in different areas:
- User insights, concept generation;
- Rapid prototyping to validate a range of configurations;
- Food safe material selection, dish washable;
- Safety, cutting surfaces;
- Industrial design.
The parts complex geometry required the use of a 4 part injection molding tool. Simulated flow molding was used to fine-tune the design and ensure correct molding.
inFact was asked to explore opportunities for increased brand recognition through the use of a fun apple cutting accessory.
The inFact team delivered Apple Splicer a quality product ready for market.